How to know God
God’s Purpose: Peace and Life
God loves you and wants you to experience peace and life—abundant and eternal.
The Bible says…
We have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 5:1). For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life (John 3:16). I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly (John 10:10).
Why don’t most people have this peace and abundant life that God planned for us to have?
The Problem: Our Separation
God created us in His own image to have an abundant life. He did not make us as robots to automatically love and obey Him. God gave us a will and a freedom of choice. We chose to disobey God and go our own willful way. We still make this choice today. This results in separation from God.
The Bible says…
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23). For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord (Romans 6:23).
Our Attempts to Reach God
People have tried in many ways to bridge this gap between themselves and God… The Bible says… There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death (Proverbs 14:12). But your iniquities have separated you from your God; your sins have hidden his face from you, so that he will not hear (Isaiah 59:2).
No bridge reaches God…except one.
God’s Bridge: The Cross
Jesus Christ died on the Cross and rose from the grave. He paid the penalty for our sin and bridged the gap between God and people.
The Bible says…
For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Jesus Christ (1 Timothy 2:5). For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God (1 Peter 3:18). But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us (Romans 5:8). God has provided the only way. Each person must make a choice.
Our Response: Receive Christ
We must trust Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and receive Him by personal invitation.
The Bible says…
Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me (Revelation 3:20).
Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God (John 1:12).
That if you confess with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved (Romans 10:9).
Where are you? Will you receive Jesus Christ right now?
Here is how you can receive Christ:
- Admit your need (I am a sinner).
- Be willing to turn from your sins (repent).
- Believe that Jesus Christ died for you on the Cross and rose from the grave.
- Through prayer, invite Jesus Christ to come in and control your life through the Holy Spirit. (Receive Him as Lord and Savior.)
How to Pray:
Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner and need Your forgiveness. I believe that You died for my sins. I want to turn from my sins. I now invite You to come into my heart and life. I want to trust and follow You as Lord and Savior.
In Jesus’ name, Amen.
God’s Assurance: His Word
If you prayed this prayer, The Bible says…
Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved (Romans 10:13). Did you sincerely ask Jesus Christ to come into your life? Where is He right now? What has He given you? For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast (Ephesians 2:8,9). Receiving Christ, we are born into God’s family through the supernatural work of the Holy Spirit who indwells every believer. This is called regeneration, or the new birth. This is just the beginning of a wonderful new life in Christ. To deepen this relationship you should: Read your Bible everyday to know Christ better.
- Talk to God in prayer every day.
- Tell others about Christ.
- Worship, fellowship, and serve with other Christians in a church where Christ is preached.
- As Christ’s representative in a needy world, demonstrate your new life by your love and concern for others.
Bible Reading Plans
We believe that Christian baptism is a public declaration of and identification with Christ in His death, burial, and resurrection signified by immersion in water.
(Acts 2:38; Romans 6:1-4; I Peter 3:18-22).
If you are interested in following the Lord in obedience through baptism, please sign up for our next baptism.
At Harvest Niagara, we encourage parents to publicly dedicate their children to the Lord.
If interested in having your child dedicated, please read the following information and fill out the form at the bottom of this page. We count it a true privilege to walk with our families through this significant occasion!
- Parents are acknowledging their child as a gift from God (Psalm 127:3-5).
- Parents are publicly declaring their intention to raise their child in such a way that they are given an opportunity to know God and to establish a personal relationship with Christ (Deuteronomy 6:4-9, Ephesians 6:4).
- Parents are affirming their total dependence upon the Lord (John 15:5).
- Parents are asking family, friends and the church community to prayerfully support and hold them accountable to these commitments (Hebrews 10:24-25).
Dedicating a child does not impart salvation to the child. Salvation is the free gift of God given to someone who by faith trusts in Jesus Christ as their Saviour and Lord and turns from their sin.
Is child dedication like infant baptism?
Child dedication is also not baptism. Baptism is for believers—those who have already by faith trusted in Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of their sins—to publicly identify themselves with the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ through the symbolic act of being immersed in water.
- Dedicating parent(s) attend Discover Harvest.
- Dedicating parent(s) attend and successfully complete Harvest Essentials.
- Dedicating parent(s) have been attending Harvest Niagara regularly for at least six months.
- Dedicating parent(s) please fill out the form below.
So you want to get married?
This page is designed to give you all the information you need if you desire one of our leaders to conduct your wedding ceremony. We understand that planning a wedding from start to finish is a busy season and we want to make any involvement that we may have in your wedding be a simple and straightforward celebration.
Harvest is all about Christ-centered weddings
Right off the bat, we want to be upfront with you about our beliefs and convictions on weddings. Within the stated by-laws of our church and our heart to honor the Lord in all that we do, Harvest Niagara staff members only perform Christian weddings with a focus on Jesus Christ. Since God is the One that instituted marriage, we will strive to ensure that His name is proclaimed and His intentions honored when leading a couple through a marriage ceremony. It is our heart to bring everything, including marriage, back to the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the Word of God.
The vast majority of weddings require a 15-20 hour investment per couple, as follows:
- Meeting to discuss your readiness for marriage, outline the pre-marital counseling session and discuss specific desires for the wedding ceremony.
- Pre-marital counseling sessions (8 – 10 meetings) designed to equip and prepare you for a Christ-centered marriage.
- Wedding rehearsal.
- Actual wedding.
During the Wedding Approval Process you will be assigned an officiant for a wedding based on the following four criteria:
- Schedule availability of pastor/elder
- Number of weddings already assigned
- Request for a particular pastor/elder by the couple
- Relational connectedness of pastor/elder to couple
To be assigned a pastor/elder and thus receive Harvest leadership approval for a Harvest wedding you must complete this application in full, and submit it to the office. A reply will be returned within 2-4 weeks indicating acceptance and the pastor/elder assigned.
When you rent our facility you agree to the terms of the Facility Rental Agreement.
- Basic Audio/Video equipment
- Basic supplies such as tables and chairs – table clothes, plates, cutlery, lighting, etc would be your responsibility.
Please note: Office Equipment/Supplies will not be made available to produce handouts or programs for the wedding (ie. the office/photocopier).